Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Introducing Bijou...The Wonder Shark!

Now that I've introduced myself I should introduce my lovable, annoying, adorable, obnoxious, darling, so fun to torment cat Bijou.



Bijou is a Maine Coon. She will be 11-years-old on February 13th of this year. I've had her for almost ten years and she is a handful...and that's putting it nicely.

Bij has a very unique personality in that she thinks she's a person and that may have to do with the fact that I talk to her like she's one. She loves to play with feathers, she has a penchant for chewing on plastic, she loves to talk on the phone to my grandma, and she has the oddest sleeping positions known to man.

Her name is French for jewel and I really should have changed her name to Diable instead because she's a little devil.

Now that I've introduced you to Bijou I would like to share with you her own not so secret shame. Pictures of her in her shark costume.
















Now that you have witnessed her shame I feel I should explain. I love sharks...a lot. I got a giant three foot stuffed shark, which you can see in the bottom five photos, after my birthday in June. Bij loves Neptune (the stuffed shark). She sleeps with him, grooms him, and gets really angry if I touch him. I got the idea to dress her up like a shark so that their love affair wasn't as scandalous. And it was another way to torment her.

Now that I've dressed her up as a shark there are a lot of other things I'd like to dress her up as so I'm thinking of starting a feature called Bijou's Dress Up Corner. Her next costume is going to be either a bumble bee, a ladybug, or a ballerina. I'm leaning towards ballerina because I think Bijou would look simply divine (read hysterical) in a tutu. If you have an opinion on what you would like to see her in next please comment below.

So now you've met the Bij.

*************

Randomness:

I'm making vodka infused gummi bears.

That's Right, I Googled It:

Letters from psychos.

Stuck On Repeat:

Percussion Gun by White Rabbits

Who Would Be The "Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner":

In a battle of wits - Harry Dunne or Lloyd Christmas?

Quote Zem On Zat:

Foster: Ain't so funny meow, is it?


Hasta La Bye Bye!

3 comments:

  1. I still say ladybug... stick with the animal theme. Or dress her up as a cat like you said lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ladybug isn't that cute. The cat would be hilarious. And I can't stick with the animal theme forever, there aren't that many costumes. Maybe I'll put up a poll and see what wins out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about a charater from Thunder Cats

    ReplyDelete